Saturday, April 23, 2011

motherhood

So I think that people who become mothers are a very special type of people. And I'm not just talking people who pop babies out of their bodies, because we all know that's not what it takes to be a mother. But real moms who love and cherish and develop gray hair from worrying about their kids. Those are real moms.

But back to my original comment. Moms are special people who decide they need a challenge in life. They have decided that it's not enough to just keep themselves alive. But they need the challenge of keeping another living, breathing, eating, pooping being alive. They feel like life isn't enough of a challenge but lets be responsible for someone else's life. It's not enough to make yourself breathe, but you must keep constant vigil to make sure this other person is also breathing.

I took on a special challenge to motherhood the other day. I cleaned the room of a 6 year old boy. It was a war zone. I stepped in and the the trucks attacked me. After I made it past the onslaught of trucks the tractors set up a parameter against me. I suffered injuries from this one. Once I made it past this barricade I was jumped by stuffed animals and pelted with books! I finally subdued the forces of the room. I corralled them into containers, baskets and shelves. So I had cleared the battle zone this was followed by vacuuming. I knew I had won when everything stayed in its appointed place while I vacuumed! I felt victorious!

So I had cleaned and vacuumed and while I was leaving the room.........LEGOS!!!! They are like little miniature land mines!!!! I had to have stepped on half a dozen on the way out of the room. I thought I had won the battle but I very definitly lost the war.

Like I said.... Mother's who want a very special challenge.....

tata!

No comments:

Post a Comment